Help cool the planet, today
The fastest and most effective way to cool the planet is through electrification.
To support this vision and ambition we see ourselves becoming the leading Silicon Carbon materials manufacturer in the world by the end of the decade.
Consequently, Sicona will play a significant role in increasing the speed of Electric Vehicle adoption so that all vehicles on the road are electric in our lifetime.
We enable efficient and effective use of renewable energy in our energy systems, cooling the atmosphere, helping save millions of lives through cleaner air.
Sustainability is a cornerstone of our purpose, vision, mission, and a significant point of difference.
Sicona positively impacts 9 UN Sustainability Goals.
Climate Action is embedded in our vision – to help cool the planet today, through electrification.
Sicona helps reduce global Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions that cause global warming by:
- accelerating the adoption of Electric Vehicles; and
- reducing the transport industry's reliance on fossil fuels
Affordable and Clean Energy at scale is the output of our product.
Sicona’s high energy density and unmatched low-cost battery anode technology enables Electric Vehicles to be more energy efficient and affordable with:
- Up to 50% increase in battery energy density; and
- Up to a 30% reduction in the cost/kwh of energy storage compared to traditional Li-ion batteries with pure graphite anodes.
Pioneering Industry Innovation is central to our Mission - to produce the highest performing, lowest cost SiC battery materials at mass market scale.
Sicona’s unique patented SiC battery anode innovation empowers next-gen high performance Li-ion batteries. Cost efficient and highly scalable, our technology breakthrough will supercharge the Electric Vehicle and Energy Storage battery industry.
Responsible Consumption and Production of renewable energy is enabled and accelerated by our sustainable battery technology.
Sicona’s SiC product will reduce irresponsible reliance, production and consumption of fossil fuels in the transport industry, and accelerate the transition to global electrification and a sustainable energy future.
We use scalable Silicon metal that is:
- safe, unlike dangerous, bottlenecked and emissions intensive Silane gas; and
- responsibly and sustainably sourced from reputable, low risk suppliers in Inflation Reduction Act compliant jurisdictions.
Decent Work and Economic Growth is driven by Sicona in our workplace and in the market.
Sicona provides cutting edge work for its employees to be at the forefront of battery technology innovation.
Our boundary breaking product drives economic growth in the Electric Vehicle and Energy Storage battery industry globally. Not only in the high-end luxury market, but at mass market scale.
Gender Equality, Reduced Inequalities, diversity and inclusion is driven by Sicona in our workplace and more broadly in STEM.
- University engagement and programs such as Sydney University Women In Engineering and recruitment;
- Sicona team’s cultural diversity of birth country and heritage, with many nationalities and ethnicities represented across our team;
- Active recruitment of women to STEM and to Sicona, currently representing 1/3 of the team.
Quality Education is essential in helping our employees innovate and deliver boundary breaking technology, as well as educating and inspiring students into STEM career paths.
- We actively engage with universities across Australia through career days and fares
- Student internships
- Assist our employees in furthering their education and professional development
Partnerships are critical to Sicona driving global impact at scale across our focused SDGs.
We remain open and keen to collaborate with industry partners. Our partnerships include:
- Supply chain – we partner with Minviro to deliver a Lifecycle Assessment of Sicona’s supply chain from our raw material suppliers to production, to end of life;
- Universities – We partner with University of Wollongong (UoW) to acquire patented technology, conduct ongoing research and we sponsor the UoW Motorsports team;
- Cell manufacturers – We partner with premier cell manufacturers;
- EV OEMs – We partner with global vehicle manufacturers;
- Governments – partner with the Australian Government both at a Federal and State level and seeking partnerships with the Federal and State governments of the United States of America.